Schoology is the LMS that I chose for my Navigate quest. The following are the academic features offered in this system:
- Personalized Homepage
- Course Profiles
- Flexible Instructional Tools
- Online Assignment Submissions
- Create Assignments and Events
- Create Tests and Quizzes
- Extended File Support
- Make Learning Mobile
- Online Gradebook and Attendance
- Customized Grading Options
- Standards and Outcomes Alignments
- Track Student Usage and Course Analytics
- Application Marketplace
- Email Address and Username Support
This LMS also offers valuable social features that are necessary to effectively host and facilitate an online course:
- User Connections (Professional Networks)
Schoology lets educators collaborate and share instructional resources with colleagues in your school and other schools around the world.
- Customizable Notifications
A wide range of files (including documents, pictures, audio, and video files) can be attached to any post. Instructors can also connect their discussion pages with other class sections and courses for a more widely interactive experience.
- Group Workspaces (Collaboration)
From a language teacher's perspective, of all the tools listed above, the most valuable ones in an online learning environment are those that maximize student interaction and engagement. When students have more opportunities to participate in discussions and collaborate together using the target language, they gain a deeper understanding of the language and its culture.